Monday, January 17, 2011

It's Been Awhile!

It has been a long time since I have posted. I have some New Year resolutions - I'm even late on that - and for once they have nothing to do with weight, exercise or health. Those are major concerns of mine, but you know, talking does nothing. I am just doing. Not well, not even close, but better than ever.

That's all I have to say about that. KNITTING!!!!! Since I have retired, I have done nothing but knit - not true but I am really knitting up a storm. The Yarn Harlot posted about "startitis" - a condition that I am evidently really suffering from. I just finished a sweater - my second of the new year. To be honest, I started them both in December. And I started 2 more yesterday with a third ready to be started and I am planning a fourth. Oh, and I have 2 almost finished. I have been knitting and watching paranormal shows in my office on the computer and knitting while watching TV in the evening. I must have gained 4 plus hours of knitting in the day and I am loving it.

My resolutions are to actually post to this blog and to document my projects on Ravelry. I am on that site every day, searching for patterns and looking at everyone else's projects. I thought I would share since I am learning so much from others.

My first project completed was this vest from Knitting Green, the Eco Vest. I really liked this vest. It was featured on the cover of the book and pretty much the reason I bought the book. It was an easy pattern - knit from the bottom up. Not a bad way to work a pattern especially with cables, but I wish more designers would work from the top down. That seems to be my favorite way of knitting. I know it won't work with every design, I just seem to prefer it. I didn't put the button on it because I wasn't wild about the loop closure. I think I need a pin or stick to close it. I will have to look for that. Over all I am really pleased with this sweater!


No comments:

Post a Comment