Saturday, January 21, 2012

Beginnings

I think I mentioned last time that January is all about beginnings for me. I am up to 5 sweater starts in knitting. I seem to be picking out interesting patterns: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/summer-solstice-2 ,
and finally two I am devising myself.

One will be a top down Fair Isle hoodie - not sure if I will be adding sleeves. The yarn is Elann's Donegal Tweed in a fingering weight and it seems slow going. I ordered the yarn in a Christmas cookie induced sugar high when we were in Vermont and it was -6 degrees. I am not sure about the colors - black is the main color with 3 shades of purple and 1 pink and 1 blue. I think that it is as bad as it sounds.

The second was inspired by a Classic Elite book. It is a vest that they knitted in flat pieces and I changed to top down. The biggest modification was knitting the lace pattern upside down. I think it came out ok. I only have a few more inches to do on the bottom ribbing and then the neck and arms.

And I am not even going to talk about the 3 or 4 sweaters I have otn from last year.

We are trying to sell our house. We had a showing scheduled for today and just before we were to leave - after cleaning and putting all the clutter away - they called and cancelled. Just because of a little snow and ice. Tomorrow we have another showing - people who just looked at the house on Wed. - and I really hope they don't cancel. The weather is supposed to be better. I really hope something comes of this. I am so tired of the cold weather. I want to move to NC and have a garden all year long.

I'm not sure but I think I may have lost a pair of mitts that I made at the restaurant where we went for breakfast. Reason to make some more I guess - but that bugs me. I don't remember if I had them with me or not. I think I did... Getting old is such fun, but I guess it beats the alternative.

No comments:

Post a Comment