Friday, August 21, 2009

Busy Day

Today was a busy day. I had a 9AM appointment with the chiropractor and then I had errands to run. I hadn't seen the chiropractor for 2+ weeks - on vacation - and I was ready. My neck gave me a bad headache yesterday. So bad, I finked out of walking. All I wanted to do was sit with my vibrating pillow on my neck and knit.

Thinking about my knitting though - I am making a sweater inspired by someone else's design. I like to make sweaters in the round from the top down, so I modified this pattern. Actually I just used the same stitch pattern to make my top down summer hoody. I am working on the sleeves now and I have a good 4 inches done thanks to sitting with my neck pillow, but I don't like how the pattern stitch looks under the arm. I have to decrease and that messes up the pattern. After thinking about it, I'm going to frog what I did yesterday and start over with straight stitch where I have to decrease under the arm. This is what it looks like now:



It doesn't look bad where I picked up the underarm stitches, but when I start the decreases it gets messy. So I think I will be happier if I start over. So far I am really liking this sweater. The yarn is Brown Sheep cotton and wool in paradise blue. The yarn is seconds that I got on EBay. The color is a little uneven, I really don't mind that. I love Brown Sheep yarn. And I love that it is American made.

Husband and I went and looked at gyms today at his insistence. I could tell he really would like for me to join a gym with him. I went for a while last year to a gym that added an extra hour and half to my daily driving time. I liked using the machines, but couldn't hack the drive. It takes me 40 minutes to and from work now and it just got really old spending that much extra time in the car. He was really insistent that I go with him to check out these gyms all the while telling me he really wasn't putting pressure on me to join with him. Of course he was, but I didn't commit which I am sure drove him crazy. I did like the one though. It had a separate women's weight machine room that led right into the locker and a great looking hot tub in the locker room. It was clean and had a lot of machines. They also offered a yoga class - I have been interested in that for a while, but can never find a class that suits me time wise. The women's machines looked light weight but not as light weight as Curves. After a few months, I felt like I outgrew Curves. I might give it a shot, but I am not going to let him know right away. I'm mean that way.

It was pouring rain this morning but it seems to have cleared up. We ate at Chipotle Mexican Grill. That place was great. The food was fresh and even though it was fast food, it was really good. I have been sticking to the diet and the exercise - I know, only the 4th day, but still... I walked 3 miles today and counted my calories. Only ate about 3/4 of my lunch - 1/2 would have been better, but ... Really, so far so good. Now to keep it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment