Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Sleepy.

I am low energy all of the time. I think I need an increase in my thyroid medicine. I have been sticking to my diet - still counting calories and all that. Yesterday my neck really hurt - from a bike ride and making jam - so I took ibuprofen and for some reason that always makes me retain water. I weighed almost 4 lbs heavier today than yesterday and I ate less. That is discouraging but also the reason I should stop weighing myself every day. I might try that.

The knitting is coming along, but I have been reading more. I always feel starved for reading when school is in and I want to knit. We have been trying something new - reading in the evening and not watching TV. Since all we watch are political shows - MSNBC, we are absolute progressive liberals - and really there is not much on now in August, this is working out really well.

I just read a book Twisted by Laurie Halse Anderson. It was about a kid in high school who was put on probation for a stupid prank and turned from a loser into a winner. I was hoping that it might appeal to the students I teach, but I don't know if any of them could relate to the protagonist. He is a kid from relatively well-off parents and he may have been bullied, but he is not psychologically damaged like most of them are. I might use it for a back up. He also comes very close to committing suicide and I don't want to give them any ideas. I am still waiting for Suzanne Collins' next book.

No comments:

Post a Comment